Since its creation xv years agone, Twitter has radically transformed the dynamics of spider web ii.0 communication. With its emphasis on brevity together with conciseness, Twitter became the top microblogging platform par excellence. The pedagogy community did non await long to encompass this novel engineering. In fact, teachers in addition to educators were amidst the kickoff communities of practice to cover the communicative forcefulness of this microblogging infinite.
Much ink has been spilled on the employment of Twitter inwards teaching. A uncomplicated search inward Google using the phrase 'Twitter in Education' returns thousands if hits. My intent inwards this mail service is go beyond regurgitating what has already been written inwards this reckon together with rather furnish you lot with innovative ways to usage Twitter inwards your instruction.
Below are four key strategies that, I believe, have non received much attention inwards the edu-Twitter literature too which tin tremendously assistance us, teachers and educators, meliorate leverage the ability of Twitter to enhance our teaching, learning, and professional evolution.
The list characteristic inward Twitter is a groovy means to curate theme-focused content. Lists work in the same agency equally whatever content curation tool out there. You create a list, add members to it, in addition to tweets from those members you lot added demo upwards inwards the listing feed. For instance, you lot tin can create a list labelled EdTech tools where you aggregate all your favourite Tweeters who portion content related to educational technology. You tin can also create lists for yous form in addition to portion them via generated links so that students tin follow or have part in content curation. Alternatively, yous tin can follow lists created by others. Here is how to create lists:
- Click on the Lists icon from the navigation bar on the left
- Click on the New List Icon on the top of the page
- Provide a name together with a description to your listing.
- Check whether you want to brand your listing individual.
Watch the video below to learn more near how to create Twitter lists
This is a relatively novel characteristic in addition to is particularly ideal for creating stories around a particular subject. Twitter moments are "curated stories most what's happening around the earth". You can usage Moments for diverse educational purposes including edifice students awareness about electric current events or around an issue (e.g., the issue of refugees, racism, gendered violence, etc), sharing resources on a given research topic, showcasing positive learning stories to boost motivation, in addition to many more than. As the creator of the Moment y'all acquire to command its visibility. You tin can make it private, populace, or unlisted. Here is how to create a Moment:
- In your navigation bar click on the iii dots ... together with select Moments.
- Provide a title in addition to curt description to your Moment. You tin can also add together a concealment picture to your Moment
- PopUlate your Moment with 3 kinds of Tweets: "Tweets I've liked: this will present all Tweets that yous've liked. Tweets by Account: Use the search bar to search for Tweets to include from an business relationship on Twitter. Tweet Search: Use the search bar to search for a specific Tweet or Tweets using a hashtag."
- To add a Tweet to your Moment select it in addition to click Add.
- Click Publish to put out your Moment.
Watch the video below to acquire more most how to create Twitter Moments
Twitter Polls is a swell means to behave surveys and collect feedback. You can also utilization them equally tools of formative assessment, to empower students vox by making them accept part in decision making around issues pertaining to their grade learning, as well as engage parents inward their kids learning, in addition to many more. You tin include up to 4 choices inward your polls, each option has a maximum of 25 characters. You tin determine the length of your poll with vii days equally maximum.You tin also control who tin respond to your polls. You tin can get in open to everyone, to people yous follow, or to solely those you bring up. Here is how to create polls on Twitter: